Wednesday, July 17, 2013

nights in rodanthe.

A few days ago I took a flight home. The next morning at 5am, we started the drive to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Despite car trouble, no AC and pouring rain (not the best combination), and only three hours of sleep, we made it. Alive.
This place feels like the setting of a Nicholas Sparks novel. Actually, it literally is the setting for several of the novels. We even passed Rodanthe on the way to Cape Hatteras, where we are staying, and our own Avon Pier looks just like the one on Dear John. I still haven't executed my plan to drop my bag off the pier and hope the local hunk saves it for me. It's kind of a sleepy sea town and it's lovely.





Today when we went to the beach, Cowan and Megan wanted to rent a surf board. 
It was a great day to watch them try because today the waves were a little lacking in grandiosity and they spent the most part of their day sitting beyond the waves getting sunburned, hoping to catch a wave they were too late to catch anyway. Megan stood up a few times, but we don't have evidence of it.




I'd like to say that they were a little overconfident going into the water... Of course so was my dad so he got in the water to show them how it's done. Needless to say, he did no such thing.
 We Brady's have no confidence issues, that's for dang sure.





After dinner we went for a little drive to the end of the island. Here are the obligatory sunset pictures. I think they turned out quite nicely, don't you?



And of course, one of baby to send you all off.



Love,
Lo



No comments: