Thursday, July 18, 2013

long hair, don't care.

Today I woke up looking like either a sea monster or a mermaid. (Although where can you really draw the line? Those nightmarish things in Harry Potter were counted as mermaids.) Beauty is so in the eyes of the beholder. Good thing I'm at the beach or I could never get away with it. So I took on the day with that hair. Long hair, don't care.

My sunburn is going away, so after we visited some shops (shoppes?) we just hung out at the pool. Good job, pale skin. You're doing better than usual.







It sure is nice to just relax without having to worry about who is going to teach Relief Society, going into work, or figuring out what I'm going to make for dinner. Free time is a luxury. I remember when going on vacation just meant doing what I did at home except with a beach across the street.

After dinner we drove to the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. There is something about lighthouses I do love. I think being from New England has something to do with that.


And now I retire to my giant cloud of a bed in the depths of this vast house, hoping that it is my dreams that will carry me away tonight instead of some creepy man who moves garbage cans for ignorant vacationers. At any rate, if anybody tries getting through my door, I'll have time to wake up, pack my bag, paint my nails, and run upstairs before they can get that frustrating door open.

sweet dreams and sweeter realities.

love,
Lo






No comments: