Friday, July 27, 2012

provo boys.

An old post from a few months ago that I never published... haha. Some parts still true.

So, I'm sure this is something that all of the girls here in Provo are thinking, and maybe trying to come to terms with. Hold on, let me get on my soapbox. This has boggled my mind since I got here last year. Everybody raves about how fast people get hitched here, and how BYU is so fun because there are so many people that actually share your standards and beliefs. So naturally, one would think that you'd be getting asked out on dates every weekend, and if you never had a boyfriend in high school, girl, things are lookin' up for you! False. Contrary to popular belief, unless you are just so irresistible that everyone has their eyes on you, don't bother pulling out your red lipstick and that little black dress. If you think that won't happen to you, just put on some sweats and sit your butt down on the couch because you're going to be waiting for a looong time. But don't you think for one second that it has anything to do with you, unless you don't shower and you don't brush your teeth or something (although there are plenty of girls whose personal hygiene is lacking a bit who still have rings on their left hands). For whatever bizarre reason, I guess people get married out here without ever dating. Of all the girls I know (like in my ward) only a few have been on a handful of dates, or even one single date, this year. The others haven't even been asked on a date while living here. I don't know what sets some apart from others, but it seems like some girls get all the dates, and the rest are left alone.

lo.

No comments: