Saturday, October 29, 2011

just dance.

So, it's been a while. 3 months actually. Not like anybody reads this anyway. But hey, it's for posterity. So I'm back at BYU and I think I just might be actually breaking through this shell thing a little bit. Shout out to Michelle! I think I can safely say that she is the one breaking own that barrier a little bit. I love my roommates. We've been to a bunch of dance parties this semester already and who knew I could actually dance? Well, apparently I can. But what I really want to talk about is last night. So a guy on our hall was having his birthday and he just happens to be Moroccan. So a bunch of us white folk go over to have a little dance party and it was enjoyable but the best part was when all of a sudden this (Morrocan?) music started playing and all these Moroccans went "Oohhhhh!" (just like we do when we here our favorite get-low-cause-this-is-my-jam song). So we just starting copying all their dance moves and it was tons of fun, and most of the time just silly. And you know, I don't think the whole time I heard one word of English from those guys. Yet we were still all dancing and having fun together. It's funny how music can bring people together. Music and art speak to everybody; it's a universal language. And it's awesome.

No comments: